Wednesday 9 July 2014

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup

This has to be one of my all time favourite products so I decided it should definitely be the first review I do on my blog. I have used this foundation for about 3 years and I have no intention of changing. Over the past year I have tried a few other brands of foundation such as Dior (which I will write a review on at a later date) but they simply cannot compare to Double Wear. It claims to 'stay-in-place' for 15 hours and from my experience this is 100% true. With foundations I have previously used, by the end of the day my skin looks dull and is practically bare of any foundation as it has somehow worn off throughout the day, but I can put Double Wear on at 7 in the morning before I go to work, and I could then go to a restaurant after I finish work and at 11pm my skin still has full coverage - I don't have to quickly re-do my whole face of makeup in between the two places. Many foundations which offer full coverage are quite often so thick they automatically cake your face even if you attempt to only use a small amount. However, Double Wear manages to provide full coverage whilst also looking completely natural and making your skin look flawless. A bonus is that you can apply a very light layer onto the skin and it still gives excellent coverage - you honestly don't have to cake it onto your face. I have combination-oily skin and it is perfect for me, yet in my opinion it would also be perfect for dryer skin-types as it is a liquid foundation so doesn't dry the skin. The shade I wear is called Ivory Nude and can be seen in the pictures I have posted alongside this review. The only problem I have with this foundation is the packaging! It would be much easier to use if the bottle also had a pump, or if it was in a squeezy tube (not as appealing to look at but it would be much more practical!) - but overall I would completely recommend this product to anyone no matter their skin type!


This can be bought directly from Estée Lauder here.


                                           




Thanks for reading,

Beauty Uncovered x 

2 comments :

  1. I have heard so many wonderful things about this foundation but I have yet to try it! It is on my shopping list to pick up next!

    TesoriBelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is honestly my number 1 foundation I can't recommend it enough, get back to me when you have tried it and let me know what you think!

      Delete

Pages - Menu

Copyright © 2014 Beauty Uncovered

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi