Saturday 12 July 2014

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

Finding the right BB cream is something I have been trying to do for the past few years but I think I have finally found the right one for me (which you can buy for just £27 here)!





 I'm aware that some people may use BB cream as part of their daily makeup all year round, but for me it is something I only use on holiday (and the few days after I return home) simply due to my skin being in a different condition and also the change in climate. I find it difficult to wear foundation on holiday after the first day as the climate is totally different (as horrible as this sounds - foundation will just sweat down my face as it is too heavy) and  my skin colour gradually changes throughout the duration of the holiday so the foundation becomes the complete wrong colour. This is why the BB cream from Smashbox is perfect. I have used a few of the Smashbox primers before and absolutely loved them so thought I would give their BB cream a try and I was not disappointed. Compared to BB creams that I have used on previous holidays, it provides better coverage - enough to smooth out small blemishes (I still use my Estée Lauder Double Wear concealer to cover any major blemishes) but it is very light which allows your skin to breathe and also means that your tan can be seen. It find it is also moisturising (again, great for holiday skin after it has been dehydrated by the sun during the day) yet it controls shine even with oily skin - I have applied it after using greasy aftersun and it has still controlled the oil levels on my face. It is also SPF 35 which is obviously a bonus - keeping your skin protected from the sun is so important! Smashbox have also branded this as a primer for when you need more coverage - I cannot wait to try this out when I return to the UK and can start to use foundation again! Whilst purchasing this I also picked up the BB cream for eyes - great for covering dark circles and keeping the delicate under eye area hydrated too. 




I bought a slightly lighter colour to keep the area under my eyes looking illuminated but this means I can use it as a general face concealer over main BB cream! The BB cream for eyes is dispensed through a brush so it can be applied very easily. I have tried a few different BB creams in the past, so I can say from some experience that this is one of the best and at such a reasonable price too so I really do recommend this.

Please share any of your thoughts on BB cream in the comments below!



Beauty Uncovered x




1 comment :

  1. I need more coverage when I'm at home because we have no sun in England so my skin is completely different when I'm on holiday! But it's a good BB cream in general, have a look to see if you can find one to match your skin :)

    ReplyDelete

Pages - Menu

Copyright © 2014 Beauty Uncovered

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi